Gallery: Taste of London 2016
Style Points: 4/5
Taste of London is a date for any foodie's diary and it has been so for a number of years. This year, despite the torrential rain, thunder and lightening and squelchy mud, foodies still turned out in their thousands to attend. As ever I joined the throngs and sampled many delights during my day there. And the sun also made a guest appearance too!
Here's my highlights of Taste of London 2016!
Some of my favourite dishes from Taste of London 2016:
- Aloo chat, made of potato, masala chickpea, tamarind, sweet yoghurt from Trishna
- Chicken pepper fry made with Keralan spices, black pepper, Indian onion also from Trishna
- SASA, a wrap with shrimp tempura, quinoa, shishito, coriander, spicy mayo and red onion from Sushisamba
- Popcorn shrimp with spicy wasabi mayo from Chai Wu
- Salted caramel ice cream from Purbeck for dessert
- Refreshing glass of white wine from Ristorante Frescobaldi to wind down the day
Despite the weather, I had a great time at Taste of London 2016 and especially enjoyed discovering new brands, flavours and combinations of food, drink and more!